Friday, May 19, 2006

Taking pictures

Once I started scrapbooking I realized I was also taking pictures in a whole new way.  I have always loved photography and I have always been pretty darn good at it.   I used to take a picture by putting a lot of thought into the whole composition.  Now though I find that I look at other things.  I now find that I have pictures of trees and signs and other weird things.  All just for the sake of adding to the memories in my scrapbooks.  Look at the snow cone layout in a previous post.  I didn't just take a picture of Katie with her snow cone, I also took a picture of just the snow cone itself.  All because I knew how I wanted to use it in my pages.  It is just very different and weird.    I remember not long ago seeing a layout of a kid getting his first haircut.  There was a picture of the welcome mat at the salon with the name embedded on it!  In the past I would have never dreamed of taking a picture of a welcome mat.. When you are taking pictures, take a look around you at everything you see.  What items and things will add to your layout?  Take a picture!
 
 
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Taking pictures"

 

post a comment