Thursday, July 13, 2006

Distressing your scrapbook pages

Distressing your scrapbooking pages gives them a very unique one of a kind look and is personally one of my favorite techniques. 
To get a crumpled look you can take your regular paper and just crumple it into a ball.  Open back up and do it again until you get the look you want.  If you are using cardstock you will want to spray it with water first and then crumple.  You can use an iron to help dry it or even just to flatten it out a little if you have too much crumple.
You can use sandpaper to roughen the paper up.  This looks especially good if you sand the edges of your frames.  Just rub the sandpaper over the parts of the paper you want to distress. 
Tearing your paper gives you another distresses look.  You can also use chalk or ink around the torn edges to give it an even more unique and aged look. 
One of my very favorites is using watered down paints or walnut ink on paper.  I used walnut ink to distress some of my tags.  I just soaked them in the watered down ink until I had the look I wanted and then crumpled them up and used them on pages for a very fun look. 
You can do the same with watered down paints.  Just brush the paint over the sections or even the whole page.  I took a white piece of cardstock and painted streaks along it to make my own background.  It looked great and with this technique you can use all the bright and bold colors you love!
 

FREE list of paid survey sites:  www.katieshugs.com

 

FREE information on government grants, auctions, and more!  www.freefromscams.com

 

All new all scrapbooking website!  www.scrapbooking4us.com

 

Technorati Tags : , , , , , ,

Powered By Qumana

Comments on "Distressing your scrapbook pages"

 

post a comment